Friday, May 16, 2008

My Friday Morning Commute Was For The Birds

(Mallard in Cherry Creek - Denver, CO - May 16, 2008 7:46AM)
I have a 21 mile commute to work that I get to enjoy one or two times a week. All but three miles of my commute are along the South Platte River or Cherry Creek. I always see and hear tons of birds along the route, especially in the morning. Today, I decided to try to identify as many birds as possible. Here's what I came up with, along with a bunch of other birds I was unable to identify. Birds, another reason to ride your bike!
Great Blue HeronWestern Meadowlark

Red Winged BlackbirdCanada Goose

American White PelicanKilldeer

Mourning DoveRock Pigeon

Northern CardinalMallard

Amercian Robin

2 comments:

JP said...

my one buddy, general lee, saw a bird on the way to work this morning. it honked at him through the driver's window of a ford explorer after cutting him off. lee later identified the bird as a speckle-throated-tennessee-bender.

Hoss said...

I'll bend tennesse in your speckled throat.